Effective March 16, all domestic travel is suspended per the latest DOE guidance. Only mission-essential travel with permission of the Lab Director is permitted. This is in addition to the previously announced ban on international travel. Route requests for all travel through your line management for approval.
Before putting in a request to travel, review the purpose of the trip to see if it can be accomplished by using video conferencing options or postponing the trip.
The Department of Energy has issued definitions of mission-critical travel. They are:
- to perform essential duties related to the protection of life and property
- required by statute or contract
- required for the inspection of systems or equipment if those systems or equipment are integral to security, safety, or proper functioning of the mission
- travel to meetings or training required by a grant or to maintain grant funding
- travel to training to meet certification or licensing requirements or to maintain critical functional or occupational competencies travel for activities essential to national security